Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life's Simple Moments




It is amazing how simple life can become:
eat, sleep, poop!  We've gone back to the
basics you could say.  That is basically our 
life right now and so the seemingly simple
has become some of the more 
beautiful  moments of our lives.
One night after being awake for a long time in the
early morning, Anne finally was settling down. 
I had her cuddled up in my arms ready to lay
her in her cradle,  she started smiling. She
smiled several times (okay okay probably gas but still), 
it was so beautiful. Swells of love filled my heart and 
out my eyes as I realized again, what a miracle she is.
She was the answer to thousands of faith filled prayers,
years of waiting and then more miracles still.
The name Anne means: Grace of God.  How
true that is in our life. Even though I was so tired
that morning it didn't matter, I held her longer, 
believing those smiles were just for me.

Another beautiful moment was this morning,
I went back to bed. As I started drifting back to sleep
I heard Scott, doing the dishes, making french toast,
singing "Let it snow" (which it just did, but didn't stick),
and talking to our baby. I fell asleep smiling!!!!!!
Honestly, what more could you want on a Saturday morning.

9 comments:

janine said...

She is SO beautiful! Funny because Eric made french toast this morning too and was cleaning when I got up. It feels good to be married to such good men! Enjoy that tiny baby! It goes way too fast! I'm dreading it being over already and we're only a few days into it!

Cassie and Mark said...

Thanks for sharing those sweet motherly moments. Being a parent is such an amazing blessing from God. How are you recovering from your c-section? They are rough! I didn't realize how much I used my stomach muscles until I had my children. I hope you are doing well. Anne looks great!

Brooke Kalene said...

Chalice! You look so good! (and sooo happy). I am so happy for you and Scott. She is beautiful. Love ya!!

Danielle said...

Congratulations, beautiful Chalice! I am so happy for you!! Seeing your picture made me realize how much I miss all you girls. I am thrilled that you have this beautiful little baby and such a wonderful hubby. Life is good!!

PS, got your blog from your mom's email about baby Anne...hope you don't mind me chiming in!!

Aimee Lynn said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I love reading your blog! You look soo happy. Congratulations again on your little blessing! You have such a beautiful family!

Love, Aimee

Lanae said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. She is so precious. Have so much fun!

Sarah and Adam said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are all home together! She is beautiful!

Michelle said...

What beautiful moments. You know some of the best memorable moments that I can remember are some of the simplist. She´s so cute and tiny...its crazy to think that babies grow soooo big and become adults.

Tiffany said...

i just got caught up on your life... wow! she came so early! and she was a great weight for being so premature! isn't that the best feeling, when you get that ultimate feeling of complete love to your child! i get that and it touches me the same way every time. congrats on becoming a mommy!