Friday, July 27, 2007

My Mom is Fabulous


Hurray for my AMAZING MOM! Last week my mom finished a long awaited goal. For the past 26 years she has been taking classes here and there, raising 6 children and millions of other things. But finally she is a College Graduate. She has dedicated the last year to her education. I have never seen a more diligent student. She put my entire college experience to shame with her dedication. She studied night and day! We are all so proud of her!!!!! Not only is she a college graduate but an amazing mother. She guided our footsteps every day of our lives, holding off on her own dreams, but never letting them go while she helped us achieve ours. I am so proud of her for going for her dreams and never letting go of a goal that for years seemed impossible. She has always had an attitude of learning. She has self taught herself so many skills and taken a few little classes here and there, but always learning something new: Calligraphy, sewing, crocheting, ceramics, re-finishing furniture, family history expert, scrap-booking, institute, religious studies, painting, decorating, cooking, reading, musical studies and etc.!!! She is the greatest example of an educated person. I love her and adore her and I am so grateful for her example. Way to go Mom!!!!! OH and my awesome older brother also graduated! It is really cool that they were able to graduate together because he is the first reason that she decided to put off her own ambitions and devote her life to others.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Hey Chalice!! Of course I remember you! How could I forget one of the most spunky and wonderful people I have ever met?! It is too funny to have gotten a comment from you today because I was actually thinking about you this very day and wondered to your blog to catch an update. Hmmm, must be some type of "dorm RA" connection or something ;) It is so good to hear from you and I am so glad to have connected back with a long lost friend!

The Probert Family said...

Alice really is a great gal. WAY TO GO!!