Wednesday, December 3, 2008


I haven't followed through with a tag in a long time to here goes...
Here are 10 questions to answer about you and your sweetheart:
1. Where did you first meet your sweet heart?  I met my sweet heart on his front step, 45 min. after he arrived home from serving a mission in Canada.  I was with one of his high school friends. 
2. What do you remember about him/her the most?  He was still wearing his suit. He bounded down the steps and jumped into his friends arms. I was taken  back by his charming smile, his glowing ora and his gentleman like behavior, asking who I was and treating me like a friend instantly. He was GLOWING! He still glows!
3. Who asked who out first? Well this is kind of complicated because our first official date was after we were already dating...does that make sense. Not really! So, I guess he did. But actually, about a month and 1/2 before that,  I called him to ask if he would accompany me to his home town to visit a mutual friend who had recently been in a serious car accident. We spent the entire 1 1/2 hr drive talking about his family, singing and getting to know each other. I was slyly trying to impress him while learning all I could about him.  haha
4. What did you do on your first date? First official date, ate at Arbys (can't go wrong with curly fries, yum!) We played silly games in the park with a bunch of other friends. I had a meeting in the middle, he did some laundry while I was at the meeting and then he picked me up after for ice cream at DQ.  Silly first date considering we'd spent all of our free time the past few months together including an amazing 3 day backpacking trip with some other friends up the Alaskan Basin in the Tetons. It rocked. 
5. What was your favorite thing to do together when you were dating? Talking probably: on the phone, while hiking, taking walks, traveling etc.
6. When was your first kiss with your sweetheart? A few min. after he proposed... he said, "Can I ask you another question?" "Can I give you a kiss?"  I said..... YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS! I was his first kiss ever! Love it!
7. When did you first realize you loved him/her? I think that I knew I loved him much earlier than I consciously realized or admitted it. Consciously, it was during a training retreat for my job, at a cabin located close to Driggs, ID. We were doing some 'getting to know you' games and the question was... Have you ever been in love? I looked up at the majestic Teton moutains, realized that I really did love Scott ,and said, '"YES"
8 Who said it (I love you) first? He totally did! He said it after a trip to Utah to visit my family. It took me a lot longer to say it out loud. Poor guy would say "I love you" every time we were together and I couldn't muster up the courage to reciprocate, until about a week before he proposed. 
9. How did s/he propose? He took me, a long with a large group of roommates, sister and friends to his hometown. I had suggested a few weeks earlier that we should sneak away from the group for a sunset or sunrise, just to be alone. He totally forgot that I had suggested that. So, Sat. morning Sept. 28. 02' he woke me up really early and drove me up into the mountains. I thought that this had been my idea. He was so calm and collected I didn't even think that he would propose. I wanted him to, but I was stunned when he did. We watched the sky as it turned colors. (Seriously the most perfect and beautiful sunrise I had ever seen). He proposed just as the sun crested! I said, "YES"! I would say it again and again and again. 
10. What are two things you remember most about your wedding? I remember that I got my hair done and it was terrible. I am talking seriously horrific. When I walked through the door at my parents house after getting it done and no on said anything... they just stared.  I had to quickly wash it, re-do quickly! Yikes!!  And then I remember walking out of the brides dressing room and seeing Scott standing down the hall way. I think that I was floating. He was so handsome, smiling looking at me like I was the best thing he had ever seen. It was so wonderful!
Now Tag at least three people: I tag, Candra, Diana, Kari, Chelsea, Cassie, Lacey, and anyone else who is feeling a little cheesy today!

4 comments:

stevensprecious said...

Thanks for answering the tag! I didn't know a lot of it. And I love the picture you put up with it.
Rayne

Ashley and Dave said...

I remember hearing from somewhere that you two hadnt kissed til after you were engaged and I was like "WHAT!?!!" That is crazy!

JK said...

You guys are so great together. I'm go glad you are so happy and that you have such a beautiful little girl to share that with. Love you guys!!

Cassie and Mark said...

Thanks for sharing the story of you and Scott! I missed it while it was happening, so I appreciate the recap. You deserve him and it sounds like you two are perfect for each other. Anne gets more beautiful with every picture!