Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thankful

Anne loves to look at her books with her daddy.
Hooray, Anne's first Christmas pjs, that probably 
wont fit her by Christmas. But they are super cute.
This Sunday was Anne's first time at church. The dr. wants us 
to keep her away from crowds of people during the winter
because of flu season. But we wanted to go to church as 
a family. I have really missed going to church it was so
wonderful to sit as a family. She slept through the whole
meeting and only peeked her eyes open during the 
singing. The organ was really loud.  
Thank goodness for my mom being close, Anne and 
I escape to her house about once a week to play.
I don't think Grandma minds a all.  We've sewed
her blessing dress and our Christmas stockings during
 our get-a-ways. It is so wonderful to have her close.

I was planing on writing a Thanksgiving blog but didn't have
time before we left for Thanksgiving. 
We have been so abundantly blessed! I am soo grateful to
our Heavenly Father for His tender mercies! 
Going through the year:
January: for the amazing amounts of snow!
February: for the answer to thousands of
prayers over five years, we were able to be pregnant
March: so grateful for a great couch to crash on pregnancy = tired!
April: for a fun trip to Wyoming, job hunting and
for the guidance of the Holy Ghost, although
we didn't understand we followed and are
 so grateful for the job found in Rexburg it 
has been a huge blessing.
May: for fun together and for the first
pictures of our baby
June: sharing our time with a few nephews 
who came to work on Scott's landscaping crew 
and for a starting a super fun series of books
that made the time pass quickly
July: four family reunions....whew! We 
are so grateful for Eternal families and the wonderful
relationships that we have with all of our family.
August: my brother getting married and again
for a comfy couch to crash on.
September: for absolute MIRACLES!!
For our beautiful daughter, Anne
for amazing hospital staff, wonderful doctor,
for feeding tubes, incubators, NICU, for my amazing
family who cared for our every need!! For my amazing
rock of a husband who held me up through all of the craziness!!
For perfect timing, divine intervention, for an amazing body 
that knows how to heal, care for itself and create nutrients 
for our baby. Truly amazing! For prayer of family and friends.
For a baby shower that supplied us basically for Anne's
entire first year! Mostly for a loving Savior, who's arms
I felt around me in our time of need! For the gift of prayer,
for the gift of the scriptures, for blessings, for peace, for
love, for patience, and so many other things my heart
cannot put into words.
October: for being able to bring our baby home! For
family to visit us and give us support, for continued answered prayers.
For Anne being able to transition from, tubal feedings-to bottle
and now being able to nurse.  For her weight gain and my loss.
For the joys and happiness of being in our own home together.
For the spud harvest break and my hubby being home for 2 1/2 
weeks with us!  And days with my sweet mother in law.
November: For continued answered prayers, for first smiles,
rolling over, tonz of diapers, first shots,Thanksgiving break.
December: lots of happy smiles and coos, still lots of diapers,
for Christmas lights, decorations, beautiful music, first date with
my hubby since Anne was born, a dozen red roses. The birth
 of our Savior and the focus of the season. For family togetherness,
happy memories. And soon to be the 6 year anniversary of
Scott and I being married! Halleluia  for ever for that! 

7 comments:

cassie said...

Chally
You know what. You all have had a pretty good year! When you put what you are grateful out like you did, we can see how truely blessed you are, and then thinking back how blessed we are too! Thanks sister
you are the best and truly blessed.

Danielle said...

Happy 2008 to you! You are truly blessed! Love to you!

Di said...

Thanks for your post! It was so uplifting. Your little babe anne is so adorable. Kids are the biggest blessing I have experienced so far in life. I hope all is well and you have a wonderful holiday season!

Wolfley Family said...

We are so excited that you have a little one to spend Christmas with this year :) What a wonderful blessing!

Ashley and Dave said...

I miss and totally love your curly hair! Are you guys in Rexburg??!

Cassie and Mark said...

I love her little cheeks! Thanks for reminding me about everything I have to be grateful for! I'm so glad you have been so abundantly blessed this year. Random question for you: Do you know what ever happened to Becca and Jason? Do you keep in touch with them still? Will you send me their contact info if you do?

Ben Clarke said...

Chalice,
All right, I found your blog. Things sound like they're going well--better than well. Best wishes for the New Year,
Ben

http://gardenoftheforkingpaths.blogspot.com/