Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

Whew, this has been the fastest year of my life! 
Saturday, my little baby turned 1 years old!!!
What happened to the last 12 months of my life...
well, there has been a lot of learning, crying,
developing, growing and that was just me. 
No, seriously, this has been the best year of
our lives. Scott and I can hardly believe
that it went by so quickly. We are sooooo
grateful for the many tender mercies and answered
prayers. You would never ever know that Anne 
was a premie baby. She is absolutely perfect.
Our little Miracle.
A year ago I sat in the NICU holding my perfect 
little baby (7 weeks earlier than I thought I would); 
I whispered to her that I was so excited to be her mom and 
that I had so many things to teach her. Then an overwhelming
feeling came over me that, I would be the one learning 
from her. How true that is. She has taught me so much 
about love, laughter, letting things go, enjoying the 
simplicity of life, how to listen to the Holy Ghost,
how to have greater patience and most especially 
about true JOY!
She is a miracle in our lives daily. Her smile blesses my
heart thousands of times a day. We love her! 
We are soooo very grateful that she is ours forever.
Being a mommy is the greatest blessing I have
ever enjoyed. Happy Birthday, Anne!

Above is Anne, one week old. Below is one year old.
Same outfit. 
Anne had cousins, uncles, aunts and her grandparents 
at her party.  Thank you everyone for coming. 
We love you!
She was so excited about all of her gifts. She gets 
excited about the smallest things. I love that about her.
And I love that she loves her little baby doll and 
kisses her all the time. What a cute little mini momma
She was such a lady about eating her cake, she 
would take a little frosting flower one at a time
and taste it. She got into it, but still was a lady 
about the whole thing. 

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I didn't know she was born on my birthday! It's a good day. I can't believe she is one. And I would have to agree that the first year goes by so fast. She is so cute.

The Roberts Family said...

Oh so sweet! They grow up so fast! Too fast for me actually. My little Megan will be one soon too...I can't believe it! And I am so glad that she is so perfect despite being 7 weeks early! Yeah!

Danielle said...

Oooohhhh, my cute little bubba!! She is such a doll. What a fun year for you. Still can't believe you are a mom, however!

janine said...

oh my word! she us too gorgeous!!!! it goes so fast! enjoy her!

cassie said...

Sister you nearly made me cry with your sweet words and remembering this year with you! Anne is a special baby!

Unknown said...

Oh wow- that was a neat post! That went by so quickly! I remember when she was born and how my heart felt for your little family that I barely knew! She is SO beautiful and sweet! That first year flies by! She is an incredible story of strength!

a.little said...

That was a sweet post, Chalice. Gracias. Made me cry. Maybe cause I realize that's gonna be me in 3 months, or sooner if our little guy comes early. Anne is so beautiful. Congrats on the first year, Mommy!