Monday, January 14, 2008

I Love Technology...Always and Forever!


Happy 5 Year Anniversary!!!


Our beautiful breakfast on our Anniversary Trip!

We had  fantastic Anniversary! 5 Years! I had no 
idea where we were going! Scott totally surprised
me every step. He wouldn't tell anyone what we
were doing! I loved it! He is the very best at surprises
We went to Salt Lake and then on to Logan. We 
stayed at the Anniversary Inn, in the Swiss Family Robinson Room! 
It was fantastic! We had such a wonderful time!
How grateful I am for my loving sweet wonderful husband
he is absolutely amazing, sweet, thoughtful, diligent, caring,
faithful, fun, kind, tender, smart, giving, willing, understanding
and more! The love we share is the most beautiful blessing
 that I have. I am eternally grateful that I married my 
best friend, the love of my life! We have learned so much
and are continually learning how to better live. 
Isn't this life the most wonderful learning experience!
I absolutely cannot wait to spend all of eternity at Scott's side, 
walking together forever!  5 years is not long enough, I want eternity with
this wonderful man! I love you Scott, thank you for such a wonderful anniversary!

Christmas Morning...bright and early...
funny we were the first kids up

Our nieces: Rebekah & Lainey and nephew, Donavan
aka: Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus

These are my beautiful, wonderful friends 
from Logan High! Diana and Kara!
It was such a JOY to see them again.


Wow, we are back into the techo world of the internet. We finally got our new computer and internet running TODAY! Hurray! Now I can blog and visit all of your awesome blogs. I love it! 
We had such a great Holiday Season! First we chopped down a tree in the mountains near Scott's home town. We drove up the mountains with Scott's parents and climbed up the hills in the beautiful new snow that fell right after Thanksgiving. Scott's Dad didn't want to traverse the slippery hills for long so he found a huge tree he liked and chopped it at arms length up. (he is so funny) But not Scott, I think he is part mountain goat; all the while encouraging me to tromp through the snow after him. We found the perfect tree growing sideways off the side of a steep hill. So I followed Scott down, catching myself on the snow covered sage brush, while gripping the saws. "Just follow my lead," encouraged the Mt. Goat; with his mother yelling up from the valley bellow..."don't kill your wife, she can't come down that steep hill." Which inspired my defiant nature, and acting brave...I slid down the hill on my back side. The tree was absolutely perfect. The perfect size for our living room and it only fell over once. hehhehe!
We met with some of my dear old friends in Logan. I was so excited to see them again and we had a fantastic time, eating pizza, talking and etc. It was especially fun to see my friend Diana, because I haven't seen her for five years. 
We spent Christmas in Rockland and enjoyed A LOT of family! Scott and I slept in a different place every night to accomodate for all the visiting family. It was so much FUN! 
We are truly blessed to have so much dear family! We were so blessed to spend Christmas with so many of them. We were able to see more family than planned because of the death of Scott's Grandfather. It was a peaceful and very timely death, as most all of his family was able to come and see him just before he passed away. We are so grateful for our Savior during Christmas and all the year long. We were especially grateful for the gifts of the atonement, resurrection and the blessing of Eternal Families. 
We love Christmas and are excited for the new year!
 We had the most wonderful anniversary! It was so wonderful to be together and set out on another adventure together. We started in Pocatello, where we flipped a coin where to go. Luckily, we flipped right! Scott took me to Salt Lake where we stayed in the same hotel that we did on our Honeymoon. We went out to eat at Trolley Square, went to the Salt Lake Temple the next morning (wow beautiful!!!) then flipped a coin again and luckily headed north (of course Scott had this all planned but he likes to freak me out by saying we should flip a coin or ask me what we should do). We went to Logan, saw a movie and then stayed at the Anniversary Inn. I have always wanted to stay there. I still didn't know where we were going to stay so as we drove down main street I was hoping that he would turn onto Center Street where the Inn is. He did, I started giggling because I was so excited. And then he passed it. He said, "Oh, look at the temple... we were married there five years ago." The temple is just up the street from the Ann. Inn. I thought it was so sweet of him to want to see the temple and reflect on the perfect day we had five years ago and the many things that have transpired since then. So, then we drove around the temple and back down towards the Inn. He pulled in. I said, "Are you kidding, because if you are I will be so sad." He said, "I guess I could go and see if there is a room available." Of course he had this all planned for months!  The Swiss Family Robinson room was awesome! There was a rose waiting for me, cheese cake in the fridge, sparkling cider, it was awesome! We had soooo much fun and were sad when we had to come home. But the best part is that we have each other forever! Hurray! 5 Years is not enough!!! 

2 comments:

Di said...

Chalice I am so glad you updated! Your husband is so cute. What a fun anniversary. I have always wanted to stay at the Ann. Inn too...maybe someday. I love all your pictures. Hurray for technology so I can see them! Love you!

Wolfley Family said...

Thanks for sharing your wedding pictures - they're always fun to see! Congratulations on your anniversary!