Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sooo rewarding!




Hip hip hooray! Today is my day off, I usually fill the day with house work, running errands and other such wifely conquests. I have been wanting to make chicken-pot-pie for the last two months, but because of the crust, I never did. I have made pretty good crusts in the past, but lately my pie crusts have flopped!!! So, with a little step of courage, help from: my mom (she taught me how to make crust in the first place), Martha Stewart (i am not really a fan, but a few months ago i was sick and forced myself to watch an entire episode about pie crusts), and my sister-in-law. The crust was Perfection! The flakiest crust know to man kind, it was heaven! The rest of the recipe I made up myself. That is one crazy thing about myself, I cannot ever make a recipe exactly. Usually, I just make stuff up and usually it turns out well...But tonight... the chicken-pot-pie was a master piece a pure culinary delight! Scott liked it so much that he kept making sounds when he was chewing..emmmm, yumm, etc. He said it was so good, I could sell it! Too bad I am not a photographer or else these pictures could really show how delightful it was. 

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Looks delicious! You did a great job!!! I always take the easy way out and just BUY the crust--way to go!

Di said...

Now I am hungry! Those pictures looked really yummy.

The Probert Family said...

I want a bite. Can I have the recipe? DJ has a crush on pot pie.

Di said...

Chalice you should update everytime I look at your site I go to the kitchen, but I can't find anything that looks as good. :) Yummy!

Wolfley Family said...

That is awesome Chalice! I struggle for a while, too, to find the "perfect, flaky" pie crust recipe. Finally found it - glad you found one too :)