Friday, February 1, 2008

Husband Tag

He used to have a huge appitite it was all I could do to feed him.
He is a great athlete, he is good at every sport! And has so much patience for my lack of talent.
He is truly...Lord of the Flame! We love camping!

What is his name?
Scott
How long have you been married?
5 years, 1 month and 4 days :)
How long did you date? 
That is a hard question for me because we didn't ever really officially date until we knew we were going to be together forever. It happened quickly but gradually (if that makes sense). We met on June 7, 2002 and by early July we saw each other and called each other every day. We were engaged on Sept. 28, 2002 and married Dec. 28, 2002.  It was awesome!
How old is he?
26
Who eats more sweet?
Without a doubt he does! He has a major sweet tooth!
Who said "I love you" first? 
He did! About a month before we were engaged he turned to me and said, "I think that I could almost look you in the eyes and tell you 'I love you'.  I didn't respond. I was silent for a long time. I gave him a hug and went home. I wasn't ready to say anything yet. He was very nervous because he knew that if I wasn't talking something was wrong. I always talk, I am gifted with many words. So, we talked on the phone and he asked me if I was okay. I reassured him that I was fine but that I just couldn't say it back, yet. So that weekend, during RA training, I realized how much I really did care for him. For the entire next month Scott would tell me he loved me every day and night and I would tell him that I cared for him too. It wasn't until one week before our engagement; when he asked me to pray about getting married, that I finally said: "Scott, you know that thing that I wasn't ready to say yet...well I am ready, but you say it first." "I love you Chalice," He said. "I love you too!" oooohhhhh
Who is taller?
him
Who can sing better?
Yikes this is a tough one. Both of us really love to sing. We sing well together, neither one a soloist. Scott is amazing, he can sight read any part. While we are singing the Hymns in church I will point at a particular line and he will sing that part S.A.T.B any and all. I can't help but giggle when he sings the Alto and Soprano. It is really funny. 
Who is smarter?
I would say that Scott is! He is brilliant, truly! He didn't even have to try in school. He is gifted in math and science and other subjects. His brain is brilliant! He would say that I am super smart but just in different ways. 
Who does the laundry?
I do, but he knows how and loves to help. But he doesn't like to put away my clothes because I color coordinate my closet space and he doesn't want to mess it up.  I think it is kind of funny.
Who pays the bills?
Mostly I do, but he does all the balancing. He pays one of the bills! We do a lot of it together.
Who sleeps on the right side?
He does. He says it is easier to snuggle me when I sleep on the left. Whatever, I don't care. But if we are traveling or sleeping in a place that I am not overly comfortable in, he sleeps closest to the door. Silly, I know.
Who mows the lawn?
I wish we had a lawn now. When we did, he mowed it most of the time, unless I just randomly felt like doing  it. He does a better job.
Who cooks dinner?
Mostly me, but Scott is a great cook and I love to cook with him. He is great at breakfast!
Who drives?
I spend more hours in the car driving to work and back, but Scott usually drives when we are together. I feel so safe when he drives, it puts me to sleep.
Who is more stubborn?
Yikes, we are both extremely talented with this, in different situations. But we get over it pretty fast. 
Who kissed who first?
Right after Scott proposed he said: "Can I ask you another question?" I said, "yes." He said, "May I give you a kiss." I said, "YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!" We had not kissed before that, and I was his first kiss. How cool is that. 
Who proposed?
He did... in the mountains while watching the sunrise, eating sour gummy worms (inside joke, it is our romantic food of choice)! It was so awesome! The best sunrise I have ever seen. He was so sweet about it!  I loved it! He was so relaxed about the whole situation that I was afraid that he wasn't going to do it. So, when he did I was surprised. 
Who has more siblings?
He does! There are 9 kids in his family. 5 boys and 4 girls. He is the youngest brother! They are all fantastic, I love them all sooo much.....but I think that I got the cream of the crop. Shhhh!
Who wears the pants?
We both really enjoy wearing pants ;)
I tag anyone who reads this. It was super fun, thanks Di!

7 comments:

janine said...

Reading this made you miss you guys! I loved the story about your first kiss....so gentlemanly! Hope that you guys are doing well. Where are you living now?

Caleb said...

You guys are so cute. I love the pictures you put with it. Hope you have a great weekend!

Caleb said...

Sorry that comment before is from me. I am signed in on Caleb and didn't know it. Love you chalice!

Love, Di

Meggan Hayes said...

Hey Fillmores
Nice to see what you are up to. Drop us a line!
-Meggan Hayes
megganhayes.blogspot.com
meggan.hayes@gmail.com

Stacey Jensen said...

Hey, I just found you guys through another friend and looked over your blog. Man do I miss you guys. I love this blog thing because I can see you and how things are going for you. Feel free to visit my blog as well. www.sharmanandstacey.blogspot.com

Cassie and Mark said...

I have never met Scott, and I didn't know much of the story of you two, so thanks for the information. He sounds perfect for you Chalice! One question...you said you were his first kiss, was he your first kiss?

Lindy Kyle said...

Awww Chalice, that was so sweet! You guys are so cool!!!